Did you know that statistics report that 100% of all Kansas residents will eventually die. Even though we may be able to extend our lives by eating and exercising properly, there is nothing we can do to escape the curse of death. Hebrews 9:27 states “And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment.”
After this life is finished, your eternal soul will live either in heaven or in hell. This decision is not based on the good deeds you have done, the fact you have been baptized or even your church membership. You decided where to spend eternity.
1. Admit that we have sinned. Romans 3:23 For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God. The Bible reminds us that we have all sinned. This means that we cannot earn our own salvation. In a sense, we have all deliberately chosen to disobey God. Romans 3:10 As it is written, there is none righteous, no, not one.
2. Our sin as a penalty. Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. A wage is a payment. The payment for your sin is death and separation from God in a place that the Bible calls hell. Revelation 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
3. Jesus paid our sin penalty. Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. The word commendeth means proved. God proved His love for us by giving His own Son, Jesus, to die on the cross for our sins.
4. The choice is yours to make. Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. To believe on Jesus Christ as Saviour means to believe that He died for you, paid the price for your sin and that He is the only way to heaven. You can express your belief on Jesus by calling on Him in prayer. Romans 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
5. What do you choose? You can choose to continue living your own way, trying to be good enough to earn your salvation. You can trust in your baptism or church membership, hoping that God’s Word is wrong. Or, you can choose to follow the message of God’s Word, placing your trust in Jesus Christ as your personal Savior. He will prepare for you a mansion in heaven, and will provide for you a new life here on this earth, filled with the peace of God. Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Won’t you take just a moment and choose heaven? You can pray to God and He will save you from your sins. Your prayer can be as simple as this one:
“Dear Jesus, I know that I am a sinner. I believe that you died on the cross and paid the penalty for my sin. I believe that you arose from the dead and you’re alive today, living in Heaven. I place my faith in you alone to forgive my sin and save me. Thank you for giving me eternal life. In Jesus’ name, amen.”
It is our prayer that you will make this choice today.